Hi, and thanks for visiting our blog.
It was started about our family, The Readings, written by Jocelyn, a happily married mum to two primary school-aged children. Here they are known as Boo and Little Man, there’s the Husband and we also have a miniature dachshund and a guinea pig. Over time, the blog has evolved and I now love to share lifestyle tips and inspiration with you, along with growing my shop for stationery addicts, bookworms and happy mailers.
Here on the blog you will find me sharing stories and solutions around family life and your home and garden. Wherever I possibly can, I want to help things run more smoothly for you so that you can free up time spend with your family or to take time out for yourself. This is where my passions come in, as me-time for me revolves around all things papery and planty, so you can expect lots of both here.
Get To Know Us
Here are a few Reading facts for you…
– The Husband’s sporty and artistic, and I’m….not…! I like to read, write, manage, organise. Not as thrilling, but it is what it is. Boo seems to have inherited her daddy’s interest and talents where art’s concerned, and time will tell whether Little Man is going to be a footballer. It’s fair to say that they are little daredevils and will have a go at absolutely anything, I think I have a pair of adrenaline junkies on my hands. Both kids are readers, so my influence is in there!
– We love getting out and about together and exploring new places. Parks, picnics, farms, castles, theme parks, museums, libraries, zoos and festivals, we enjoy them all.
– We’ve taken the kids to Disney World twice now and we all really enjoy our time there. I love all of the planning that goes into it and the build up to the holiday and then the time we spend there is magical. The Husband is all about the snacks! We then also enjoy quiet and more relaxing UK breaks and the kids are keen to visit a few European cities (the Husband and I love so many of them, especially Venice and Paris).
– We’re a close family, the kids get on very well, and we are also lucky enough to be close to our wider family. The children have doting grandparents, fabulous aunts and uncles and two lovely cousins, all of whom we see regularly.
– Little Man is now in Year 3 at school whilst Boo is in Year 6. He’d rather be home, she adores school!
A mini biography would go something like this: ‘Happy childhood with younger brother, enjoyed school, manager of a bookshop, met and married the Husband, career move resulting in being an area manager of a building society, started a family, walked away from career, started blogging (and university), graduated, moved on to blogging full time…and here I am!’
Ice Cream. Yep, that’s the first thing that’s popped into my head…and also candles, houseplants, flowers, Breaking Bad, sunshine, yoga, perfume, Game of Thrones, films, books, books and more books. I’ve always been interested in history, I love learning new things, I’m an enthusiastic gardener, I like faffing with interiors and I have a strong leaning towards pretty stationery purchases.
What Will You Find Here?
I will bring you our family life and snippets from my blog life, from parenting wins (or fails!) to blog inspiration, along with our reviews of anything we’ve tried to share our findings with you.
To make things run that little bit more smoothly, I will share organisational tips, practical routines, organisation printables, easy family meal ideas, suggestions for the home and garden and more – absolutely anything I can think of that makes family life that bit easier or that catches my interest.
From the industrious to the calm, I will focus in on quality family time and self-care. If we’re freeing up time, let’s enjoy it. Within this, I host the popular #BringBackPaper, with plenty of activities to get involved in and sharing all things paper-loving. There’s a whole community around this, as paper is my go-to ‘me-time’, so do read more about that, search the #BringBackPaper hash tag or join the Bring Back Paper Facebook group if you like to wind down with a good book, want to get back to sending snail mail again or can just never resist a stationery buy!
Come Chat With Us
If you’ve Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest accounts, do find me over there, as it’s nice to connect. I am quite active on my social media accounts so you have been warned! You can email me at [email protected], and you can keep up with our posts by subscribing to the newsletter at the bottom of this page.
And don’t hesitate to comment or get in touch. It’s always nice to hear what you think.
Thanks for reading, Jocelyn x