Today on The Blog Lowdown, I’m delighted to be hosting Chantelle from MamaMummyMum
Please Introduce yourself:
Hi I’m Chantelle. First and foremost I am a stay at home mum to my four gorgeous girls, Elise who is 8 years old, Freya who is 6 years old, Gracie who is 4 years old and Layla who is 22 months old. I split my time between running around after the kids, writing my blog MamaMummyMum and reading books late into the night (coffee is my friend).
When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2011, it started out as a way to not only preserve memories, but to get all those thoughts bobbing around out of my head.
Tell us a little about your blog
I suppose people would describe my blog as a mixture of parenting and lifestyle. It has been a way to capture all those moments about my family that I don’t want to forget but it includes a little bit of everything from crafts, books and recipes to reviews and competitions.
Who designed your blog?
My blog is designed by me, I do have to admit that I have never been fully happy with the way it looks though, I would eventually like to have a professional give my blog a much needed makeover.
Which of your posts have been the most popular? Are there certain types that get more interest?
My most popular posts have always been the competition posts, can’t say I’m surprised as I enter a fair few myself. Aside from the competitions, my recipe posts seem to attract a fair amount of attention.
How do you promote your blog posts, and which methods do you find to be most successful?
I promote my posts via all social media Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter. Also through joining in with various linkys. I try my best to promote a post around 3 times in a day after publishing, morning, afternoon and evening as you have to think about the fact that people work etc. I’ve always found Twitter to be my best source of traffic.
Which linkys do you most enjoy joining in with/reading?
Gosh, honestly there are so many briliant linkys around. The ones that I join in with on a weekly basis are Project365 over on The Boy and Me, Silent Sunday/ My Sunday Photo over on Cosmic Girlie and One Dad 3 Girls, #PoCoLo over at Vevivos and a new one The Alphabet Project over on PODcast. Others I try to link to include Magic Moments, Country Kids, Share With Me, Word of The Week and Recipe of The Week.
When are your busiest days on the blog, and why? (if you know why!)
My busiest days tend to be Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Saturday and Sunday are busy because of linkies I’ve joined in with and Monday is normally busier because of my own linky #ReadWithMe
Can you name 3 things that blogging has brought you?
Three things blogging has brought me, good question :
1. Friends : Ok I may have never met these people face to face but I now chat to lots and lots of wonderful bloggers who manage to keep me company when I’m feeling lonely, offer some amazing advice and above all else make me smile.
2. Inspiration : From writing my own blog to reading other peoples blog, I have been inspired to do things I wouldn’t normally do, create things I could never have dreamt of myself and write things that I would never have been brave enough to write without a little nudge from people braver than I.
3. Freedom : Blogging has given me a sense of freedom, I can write things that I wouldn’t normally say out loud and it has freed my mind of thoughts that would normally stay trapped.
My top five tips are:
1. Join in with linkies. It is a great way to not only promote your own posts but to find posts that you wouldn’t normally look for.
2. Don’t just read and run, comment on other peoples posts. If you want people to comment on your posts, it is only fair to share the love, I know I really appreciate people letting me know their thoughts about what I’ve written.
3. Take lots of photos. I always find posts more inviting when there are pictures to look at.
4. Remember you can promote older posts, there may be things you wrote about a year ago that are still relevant now.
5. Most importantly, don’t worry about the numbers. Even I have found myself getting disheartened when I’ve seen others ranking higher than me, getting more people reading their posts. You just need to remember the reasons you started blogging. If you get bogged down by numbers and stats, blogging loses its fun.
Thanks very much, Chantelle! I’ve read quite a few posts and seen social media chats lately about getting bogged down by numbers and stats, and it’s so true, as I doubt any blogger started doing this for the stats! A useful reminder.
If you’ve any questions for Chantelle, feel free to comment on this post, and she’ll pop by and check in. Next week, we will be hearing from Katie from Hurrah For Gin so be sure to pop by for that on Sunday evening. You can catch up the previous posts from other bloggers here, too, if you’ve missed them.
If you’d like to feature on The Blog Lowdown, just get in touch with me at [email protected] Posts are booked up for the next few weeks, but I’ll be happy to book you in as soon as there’s an available slot 🙂
To ensure you don’t miss any, you can now sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll always include The Blog Lowdown round up in those.
Other posts you might like:
10 Tips to Get your Blogging Mojo Back