When Boo was 4, I was tagged to interview her and write a blog post sharing her answers here. So I thought that now my son is the same age, it would be nice to ask him the same questions and record them here to look back on…
1. What is something Mummy always says to you?
2. What makes Mummy happy?
3. What makes Mummy sad?
4. How does Mummy make you laugh?
Scares me and tickles me
5. What was your Mummy like as a child?
6. How old is your Mummy?
7. How tall is your Mummy?
*counts up my body* Ten
8. What is your Mummy’s favourite thing to do?
9. What does your Mummy do when you’re not around?
10. If your mummy becomes famous, what will it be for?
For being famous
11. What is your Mummy really good at?
Telling me what to do
12. What is your Mummy not very good at?
Playing Power Rangers (’tis true, I cannot compare with his sister or friends on this one!)
13. What does your Mummy do for her job?
14. What is your Mummy’s favourite food?
Sandwiches (erm, no…!)
15. What makes you proud of your Mummy
She’s my mummy
16. If your Mummy was a cartoon character, who would she be?
Princess Leia so she can have a gun (?!)
17. What do you and your Mummy do together?
Go to the cinema and things
18. How are you and your Mummy the same?
Our eyes are a bit the same
19. How are you and your mummy different?
I’ve got yellow hair and you’ve got brown hair
20. How do you know your Mummy loves you?
21. What does your Mummy like most about your Daddy?
Sometimes he cooks
22. Where is your Mummy’s favourite place to go?
The thing that struck me most about doing this wasn’t so much the differences in their answers, though there were many. It was more their attitude to the interview. I still remember doing Boo’s and she was so excited and sat there eager for every question and really thought about them. It took me three days to do Little Man’s as he would only answer so many at a time and kept checking to see if that was the last question! Hmm, different attention spans!
Have you asked your little ones things like this? Did their answers surprise you?