I was flattered when Sara at MumTurnedMom nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award recently – thank you very much, Sara 🙂 It’s an award given by other bloggers who enjoy reading your blog, and feel you write an interesting and diverse range of posts – lovely!
I need to share seven random facts with you, and nominate others to also receive the award.
For my 7 facts, I thought I’d go for an entertainment theme – just because!
- My brother and I can recite much of Uncle Buck. Misspent youth and all that.
- I love loads of John Hughes’ films (see above!) such as The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Some Kind of Wonderful, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – oh, they all take me back!
- I do not enjoy magicians. They are probably my least favourite form of ‘variety’ entertainment, which is a shame, as we seemed to have the pick of the best shows when we visited Vegas, but I avoided them like the plague!
- My favourite actor is Johnny Depp, has been for as long as I can remember. I think he takes on such brilliantly different roles, and does them all credit. Now, he doesn’t look too bad, either 😉 And, by weird coincidence, his birthday is also the same day as my husband’s.
- I love the horror genre. Whether it be books, films or TV shows, I like to check them out. I’m always disappointed if they fail to scare at all. But the influx of zombie-themed films irritate and do nothing for me (aside from the brilliant Shaun of the Dead, of course – very funny). The Husband loves The Walking Dead, but it just winds me up – it seems relentless and I see no solution or anything different happening. I know it’s a hugely popular show, but it is not for me!
- I don’t watch any soaps. None.
- I’ve a very eclectic taste in music. I’ve just checked what I have on my iPhone, in alphabetical order for you, and the first track on there is ABC, and the last is 1999 and there’s so much random stuff in between!
So, do we have anything in common?!
I can now nominate up to 15 bloggers for this award. I’ve been nominating and tagging a fair few recently, so I’m going with 5. These are blogs that I enjoy reading regularly, so I award them and invite them to share their seven random facts..
Chantelle at Mama Mummy Mum
Jaime at The Oliver’s Madhouse
Kim at NorthumberlandMam
Charly at PODCast
Mummy Tries at Mummy Tries!
Thanks again, Sara, and thanks for reading.