I’ve recently got myself a slow-cooker. The very first thing that my husband requested was pulled pork, so I searched around for some recipes and used the most straightforward one that I could find. It was nice, but still felt like a bit of a faff to prepare, we had way too much, and the coating on the pork was a little strong for the children’s tastes. And so I made my own up, that feeds the 4 of us perfectly and is really easy…
0.7kg Pork shoulder/leg/any joint
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 tsp sugar (heaped)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
– Boil the kettle. Pop one chicken stock cube into 150ml of boiling water
– Mix up all the sugar, salt, pepper and cinnamon in a bowl, ready for coating.
– Cut any fat off your pork joint.
– Cover the pork in your coating
– Place pork into the slow cooker, and then add the chicken stock
– Cook on low for 8 hours
So simple! It’s prepared in 5 minutes and then you can leave it to do it’s thing all day long. We have ours as part of a roast dinner, but on baps is popular, too. This makes the pork just fall apart, and it tastes delicious. You can then add whatever extra sauces you like for individual family preferences!
What’s your favourite slow-cooker recipe?