This is a collaborative post
If you, like many people, find yourself stumped when it comes to giving gifts, don’t worry; you are not alone. It can be quite difficult to try and find something that you know someone will love, and often it is easier to go for an unobjectionable generic option. However, if you have some occasions coming up and you want to find something that your recipient will be truly delighted by, then read on.
For the Foodies
If you have someone in your life who loves cooking or is a bit of a foodie, there are lots of different options that you can choose from that they will really appreciate.
- You could get them a customised box of uniquely flavoured chocolates or sweets. What are their favourite flavours? The options are endless; you could go for alcoholic flavours such as gin or rum, or you could go for spices or floral notes.
- There are also lots of different options when it comes to alcohols in general; you could get them a bottle of their favourite tipple with a customised label or a custom alcohol that you have chosen the notes for.
- Lastly, if they love to cook, you could get them some specialist equipment or a personalised chopping board or recipe book for them to keep all of their cherished family recipes in.
For the Jewellery Lovers
If your recipient loves to wear and own beautiful jewellery pieces, the gift ideas may seem obvious, but there are some ideas that are a little more unexpected.
- Firstly, why not go for a unique form of jewellery storage. You can cater this to their collection; what item do they have the most pieces of rings, necklaces or earrings? Finding a jewellery box or stand that caters to their collection is an incredibly thoughtful gift.
- You could them a personalised piece of jewellery engraved with the name or names of their loved ones, the coordinates of their favourite place, or their star sign in they are big into astrology.
- Or perhaps they have always expressed a desire to know more about the process behind making jewellery. If that is the case, you could get them a jewellery making kit or some companies offer a jewellery making experience either as a one-off or as a series of classes.
For the Hobbyists
Now this will very much depend on the hobby that your loved one does. Do they have a hobby that they are very much passionate about, or is there something that they haven’t yet tried but they have repeatedly expressed an interest in?
- For those who haven’t actually begun their hobby yet, you could get them a starter kit with everything they will need initially to get their new hobby off the ground. Be that a bakers kit or a knitters kit, et cetera.
- If they already have a hobby that they are very into, you could get them some custom equipment. This could be something like a monogrammed notebook if their hobby requires a lot of notes and research. Or something custom, for example, if they are a keen puzzler, you could order them a custom puzzle, which is either more difficult or made up of a photo of them.
For the House Proud
If they spend a lot of time and money on their home or if they are often the hosts of the group, then getting them something thoughtful for their home is something that they will greatly appreciate.
- Depending on their usual preference, you could go down the trinket route and get them an ornament or a candle, although to personalise these options further, you could get them a candle that smells like something specific to them or an ornament to remind them of a specific place or person.
- If they love house plants, you could get them a plant subscription to help them grow their collection and get care tips and tricks for their plants. A subscription like this is the gift that keeps on giving because often, you can set them up to go on for anywhere between a few months to a few years.
- Lastly, why not get them something that they can display more prominently in their home, like canvas prints. For example, the ones by Photobox are completely customisable, you can go for a single picture or a collage, or if you think they’d prefer something smaller, then you can also go for a desk print that they can take put on their desk at work.
For the Long-Distance Ones
If your friend or family member lives somewhat far away from you, then it may be even harder to get them something thoughtful as you may not know too much about their daily life. However, fear not; there are a few things that you can get them that they will love.
- If they have a lot of commitments to keep track of, then you could get them a personalised calendar full of photos of their loved ones. Again, it is something that they will get a lot of use of it, and it will also give them a little boost every time they use it when they see all of the photos.
- If it has been a while since they saw everyone, for whatever reason, time, money, etc., you could get everyone together to film a short video montage full of messages and well wishes for them. It is something they can treasure and re-watch until you can all see each other again.
- Lastly, if you are in a long-distance relationship or friendship, you might want to consider gifting them with long-distance touch lamps. They light up when one person is touching theirs, which lets the other person know that they are thinking of them.
When you truly know a person, it isn’t too difficult to come up with a thoughtful gift for them. With a little time and some thought, you should be able to find a gift that they will genuinely appreciate and get a lot of joy from.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post