When I was offered the opportunity to take a look around the Viking website, I jumped at it. A chance to roam about a stationery shop is not what that I ever pass up!
My initial impressions of Viking, prior to this, was that they are for offices and businesses, rather than individuals. They sell a lot of products in bulk, and have some great offers on when you do buy in larger quantities, but that’s not to say that you can’t shop with them on a smaller scale, as I did.
Here’s what I bought:
I went for some craft and creativity purchases for the children, a new doormat for us and I couldn’t resist some new pens for myself, too. Now, I knew that Viking would offer pens, but I hadn’t been aware that they did children’s art and crafts supplies, or items such as doormats. There was a whole host of things to look at, including huge technology and furniture departments.
– As you can imagine, the kids items have gone down well! In our opinion, you can never have too many wiggly eyes, so we ordered 560 at £6.59 so are feeling pretty well-stocked on those now. Boo likes to use them in practically every single craft project and card that she ever makes, so she is delighted to have a selection of them, and Little Man enjoys shaking the cannister they’re in!
– We then got 8 different coloured art sand, for £11.99. We’d never really used sand to play and craft with before, so I thought it’d be fun to try. It’s a hit! Boo and I have spent a very happy afternoon making pictures with glue and sand, we’ve had it in the tuff spot, and I plan to add some to some paint, too, for some textured creations. I cannot recommend this purchase enough, as we still have plenty of it, and I’m thinking up loads more projects to do with it.
– And finally, for the children, a pack of 6 chalk eggs, for £1.55, which I thought was a great price. Outside, next to their play area on the deck, they have a fence panel that they can draw on. These are so easy to hold, particularly for Little Man at 20 months old, they will happily scribble away out there.
– I then couldn’t resist a new doormat. I hate it when one gets tatty outside the front door, so I like to refresh with a new one from time to time, and this one caught my eye as I liked both the colours and the design, and was very happy with the £5.99 price, too. The quality is great, as it feels nice and chunky and the design looks bold and exactly as it features on the website.
– My final selection had to be some pens. I cannot resist a new pen! I opted for a pack of 4 ergonomic retractable gel pens by Stabilo, and I am not disappointed. They write very nicely, and are comfortable to hold. I often write with blue and black, find red handy occasionally, but never green, so I am revelling in branching out!
Overall, I think that the range, quality and prices that Viking offer are very good, and the website easy to navigate and make selections. I was impressed with the speed of delivery, all orders over £30 offer free next day delivery, and all arrived well-packaged. I will certainly be bearing them in mind for stocking up on the kids art materials next time, and at the same time, to qualify for that free delivery, I’ll grab a few essentials such as ink cartridges and a paper, which we’re always getting through. Oh, and I might buy a new pen or two, too….
Disclosure: I was sent the above items free of charge, though all words and opinions remain my own.