When I was offered the opportunity to take a look around the Viking website, I jumped at it. A chance to roam about a stationery shop is not what that I ever pass up!
My initial impressions of Viking, prior to this, was that they are for offices and businesses, rather than individuals. They sell a lot of products in bulk, and have some great offers on when you do buy in larger quantities, but that’s not to say that you can’t shop with them on a smaller scale, as I did.
Here’s what I bought:
I went for some craft and creativity purchases for the children, a new doormat for us and I couldn’t resist some new pens for myself, too. Now, I knew that Viking would offer pens, but I hadn’t been aware that they did children’s art and crafts supplies, or items such as doormats. There was a whole host of things to look at, including huge technology and furniture departments.
– As you can imagine, the kids items have gone down well! In our opinion, you can never have too many wiggly eyes, so we ordered 560 at £6.59 so are feeling pretty well-stocked on those now. Boo likes to use them in practically every single craft project and card that she ever makes, so she is delighted to have a selection of them, and Little Man enjoys shaking the cannister they’re in!
– We then got 8 different coloured art sand, for £11.99. We’d never really used sand to play and craft with before, so I thought it’d be fun to try. It’s a hit! Boo and I have spent a very happy afternoon making pictures with glue and sand, we’ve had it in the tuff spot, and I plan to add some to some paint, too, for some textured creations. I cannot recommend this purchase enough, as we still have plenty of it, and I’m thinking up loads more projects to do with it.
– And finally, for the children, a pack of 6 chalk eggs, for £1.55, which I thought was a great price. Outside, next to their play area on the deck, they have a fence panel that they can draw on. These are so easy to hold, particularly for Little Man at 20 months old, they will happily scribble away out there.
– I then couldn’t resist a new doormat. I hate it when one gets tatty outside the front door, so I like to refresh with a new one from time to time, and this one caught my eye as I liked both the colours and the design, and was very happy with the £5.99 price, too. The quality is great, as it feels nice and chunky and the design looks bold and exactly as it features on the website.
– My final selection had to be some pens. I cannot resist a new pen! I opted for a pack of 4 ergonomic retractable gel pens by Stabilo, and I am not disappointed. They write very nicely, and are comfortable to hold. I often write with blue and black, find red handy occasionally, but never green, so I am revelling in branching out!
Overall, I think that the range, quality and prices that Viking offer are very good, and the website easy to navigate and make selections. I was impressed with the speed of delivery, all orders over £30 offer free next day delivery, and all arrived well-packaged. I will certainly be bearing them in mind for stocking up on the kids art materials next time, and at the same time, to qualify for that free delivery, I’ll grab a few essentials such as ink cartridges and a paper, which we’re always getting through. Oh, and I might buy a new pen or two, too….
Disclosure: I was sent the above items free of charge, though all words and opinions remain my own.
39 thoughts on “Viking Review”
Viking for kiddies’ arts & craft stuff?! Really? Would never have given it a thought. Thought they were all computer paper, mailing boxes etc. Will have to check them out! Thanks for another great blog x
Me, too! It would never have occurred to me, so I was quite excited to discover it! X
How did I miss the doormats?!!? I actually nearly bought wiggly eyes but Hubby wouldn’t let me. Think he thought they’d be forever staring at him or something…! x
Ha ha – I couldn’t resist them!
Looks like a great selection, I’ve only ever thought of Viking from an office point of view. We tried sand pictures last year. Monkey loved it and you’ve reminded me that I should source more!
Yes, I was the same, but I was really impressed with them.
Pingback: Sand Art | The Reading Residence
Oh I love that mat, I only thought they only did stationary
Me, too! I was so wrong!
ooo I want the chalk eggs!!! fab review #triedtested
They’re great! Thanks x
Great review – I didn’t know that they also sell children’s crafts too! I like the doormat a lot as well. #triedtested
Yes, loads of stuff there – fab!
I had no idea they did kids stuff! Off to take a look…
Yep – great stuff!
It sounds like Viking have a great selection of products – I’ll keep them in mind for arts & crafts supplies when Toby gets a bit bigger.
Haven’t heard of viking before.
Love the chalk eggs, oh and pens! I love pens!!!
x x x
Me, too! They have a lot!
Great choices….I’ve never even heard of Viking before!
Like you, I thought Viking was just for companies, so pleasantly surprised that you were able to buy in small quantities.
Yes, great stuff x
We use Viking at work at never realised they did kids craft supplies etc!! I may have to take an added interest in the stationery ordering from now on and may add in a few treats!!!
Yes, sneak in a few treats!
those chalk eggs look amazing and such a great price 🙂
They’re brilliant. So easy for both kids to hold, and the price is great!
The chalk eggs look great!x
They are! They love chalking on that fence!
Had never heard of this company before. Like the look of the chalks x
They’re great, good quality and a good price. Lots to choose from there.
I’ve never heard of these before, so will definitely have to take a look at the site. Prices seem really reasonable and love your new mat #triedtested
Yes, definitely, and the mat is lovely, thanks 🙂
I never knew Viking did all of that! Love the doormat and my children use my entire patio as a canvas so the chalks would be perfect. #tried and tested
Oh yes, great chalks for you then!
We have some large chalks and the boys love ‘colouring in’ the fence and walls out back. It sometimes keeps them entertained for quite a while!
Yes, a great activity!
I’d never heard of these before! That stuff looks cool so will be checking them out. Thanks for the review.
It’s great – definitely worth a look 🙂